IT & Campus Websites
- Account Information from Smith IT
- Directions for Setting up Directory ID and Password
- Smith Apps
- UMD Email
- University Libraries
- New York Times – all UMD students have free access to the New York Times through the UMD Library.
Student Identification Resources
Resources for All Graduate Students
- Counseling Center
- Graduate Student Life Handbook
- Logos - Graphic Guidelines and Elements
- Resources for Students and TAs (Online Resources & Learning Best Practices)
Resources for International Students
- Counseling Center, International Student Support Group - Periodically offer Academic Support Group for International Graduate Students
- English Skills Resources - A comprehensive list of online resources, compiled by Maryland English Institute faculty, to assist students who want to improve their English skills.
- International Students & Scholar Services (ISSS) - ISSS staff members--located in 1126 H.J. Patterson --are the primary points of contact to advise students on immigration requirements; they also offer resources and activities for students. Review their offerings here.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) - A comprehensive resource for English as a Second Language (ESL) students in second language writing, including links to OWL workshops and exercises useful for ESL students, and links to ESL resources on the Internet.
- University of Maryland Graduate School English Editing for International Graduate Students (EEIGS) Program - An online service that allows students to submit papers electronically as Word documents and editors respond using the “track changes” feature in Word.