Advanced Tableau Workshop
MPO and the Smith Master Student Association (SMSA) have partnered to offer this workshop, which is open to current Smith School students. Tableau is a highly robust data visualization tool and is used in many professional settings. Seats are limited. Please direct questions to SMSA. Expected learning outcomes:
- Understand the advanced features of the Tableau interface
- Create advanced interactive graphs and dashboards
Pre-requisite: This is an advanced workshop; students participating must already know the following in Tableau:
- Understand the difference between dimensions and measures
- Understand how to use rows, columns, and marks card
- Be able to connect to data sources
- Be able to create basic graphs: bar charts, line graphs, tables
- Be able to create dashboards
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructor: Brittany Fong
Cost: $5 per student
Refund Policy: Registration fee is fully refundable up to 7 days before the workshop, less the Eventbrite processing fee
Software/Hardware: Prior to the workshop, participants should install the required software and test its operation. Tableau is available at no cost for academic use. The software can be downloaded at www.tableau.com/academic/students. You must use your University of Maryland email address to be eligible for the download, and you must allow 1-2 business days for your academic license to be approved. Alternatively, Tableau is available on vSmith. Please view the Getting Started tutorials before the workshop: www.tableau.com/learn/training.
No-Show Policy: Anyone who has registered for this event but does not show up to attend may be prohibited from participating in the future events